South of England's Premier Printer
To achieve good quality print it is important that your artwork is supplied at the highest possible standard. There are some artwork requirements that are standard for all printers; by making sure you understand these at the beginning of the design process you can ensure your artwork will be ready to print.
Self Checking and Proofing
Please make sure you proofread your document for spelling and grammatical errors and double check the size, layout and design before sending your artwork. We always suggest sending a Post-RIPed proof from our workflow for you to check before proceeding to print to ensure your design content is correct. Once provided with a proof, you will need to check thoroughly for content. We cannot be held responsible for any errors that occur after the proof has been approved.
We prefer artwork to be supplied as high resolution PDF files at the correct size for printing. We do accept all industry standard file types, including: Adobe Indesign (.indd), Adobe Photoshop (.psd), Adobe Illustrator (.ai), Quark Xpress (.qxd, .qxp), TIFFs (.tif) and JPEGs (.jpg).
We can also accept files from office suites such as MS Word, MS Powerpoint and MS Publisher, however these file types can cause minor layout problems and may take artwork correction and re-proofing.
- File type – preferably to be supplied as high resolution (press quality) 300dpi PDFs.
- Images – images should be 300dpi at actual printed size.
- Fonts – all fonts should be supplied, embedded or converted to outlines.
- Application Files – If supplying application files such as Adobe Indesign or Quark Xpress, please ensure all fonts and images are included. This can be achieved by using the “Package” or “Collect for Output” options.
- Colour – please supply as CMYK, not RGB. It is important to ensure that all images used are also converted to CMYK. Using RGB can cause incorrect colour reproduction.
- Bleed – files need to be supplied with 3mm bleed and trim marks.
- Layout – If supplying a PDF file with multiple pages like a brochure or booklet for example, please supply as SINGLE pages. Please do not supply as spreads (pages side by side). This does not apply to artwork being supplied in Adobe Indesign or Illustrator.
- Spot colours – please ensure all spot colours are set up correctly.
- Cutter guides – If you are using your own cutter guide, please ensure your cutter is set up as a spot colour and set to overprint. Alternatively we have a large number of cutter templates available upon request.
If you need any advice or guidance on providing artwork for you product, just contact our friendly and helpful staff today on 023 8077 1197 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org